Friday, June 16, 2017

Review: Roadfood by Jane and Michael Stern


Title: Roadfood
Author: Jane and Michael Stern
Series: Roadfood: The Coast-To-Coast Guide to the Best Barbecue Join
Publisher: Clarkson Potter 
Publication Date: March 7, 2017 (10th edition)
Source: Blogging for Books



Who doesn't love food?  I know I do.  A lot.  So I saw this book up on Blogging for Books and knew I needed to get it.  I really enjoy watching all of those food shows where the guys travel around and try food at various places local to wherever, so I figured a book that can tell you where some of the really good eats are would be cool to have.

This book starts out with the East Coast and works its way West.  Which probably isn't a problem for a lot of people, but I live way out on the West Coast and had to go find California way in the back of the book to see if it had anything near me (it does).  Each section has a map of the state and then each town that has a restaurant(s) listed is on the map.  Then from there, every restaurant in that town is listed.  Then each section actually has the restaurants listed with their phone numbers, address, if they serve breakfast/lunch/dinner, a price point guide, and a blurb about their atmosphere and food.  The restaurants are arranged alphabetically, not by city.

All in all, this is a pretty cool book.  There are a few restaurants that aren't too far away or in areas I may find myself in from time to time that I wouldn't mind trying out.  The sad part is that there are some states with very few things listed, or large portions of a state that don't have anything at all.  I don't know if it this is because there was nothing worth mentioning for those areas or something else.  This will definitely help when exploring the United States though!

My Rating
4 Stars

This review is based on a copy provided by Blogging for Books in exchange for a fair and honest review.  All thoughts and opinions are mine and mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment