Friday, September 30, 2016

Review: A Tail of Camelot by Julie Leung


Title: A Tail of Camelot
Author: Julie Leung
Illustrator: Lindsey Carr
Series: Mice of the Round Table #1
Publisher: HarperCollins
Publication Date: October 4, 2016
Source: Edelweiss

Oh my goodness!  A Tail of Camelot is so fun and cute!

It doesn't hurt that I am a huge fan of the time period that this book takes place in - the time in Camelot where Arthur is King.  I love all the stories and mythology that surrounds this time period and the stories that go with it.

So obviously I really needed to read this book.

And I am so incredibly glad I did!

A Tail of Camelot has two sides of the story that you go long with.  The majority of the time you are with the mouse Calib Christopher.  Calib is in training to become a Knight of Camelot.  Yes, that is right! Calib is a Knight, and he and a bunch of other mice, are training to be Knights!  No the humans don't know about this, this is a thing that the mice and other animals do in secret out of the view of the humans.

Calib finds himself in the midst of things when things start happening in the animal part of the court.  Things that he cannot stand for and that he must find away to fight against.  Sadly, no one wants to listen to poor Calib.

Then, the other person we follow along with, though much less, is Galahad.  Galahad is the son of Sir Lancelot and is brand new to the court.  He is just a young kid about to start his training to become Knight of Camelot.  And he too finds himself up against many hardships and tangled in some sticky stuff that no one wants to listen to him about either.

And so the adventure takes place!

So much fun! I found myself instantly sucked into the story and I couldn't put it down until I was done.  I haven't read too many books recently where the animals are the main characters, so that made this read all the more refreshing and different for myself.

I actually didn't expect there to be any parts where we are watching the human part of the story unfold, so that was a nice surprise.  And I will admit I had to look up who Galahad was so that I knew what was going on.  I haven't read too many stories where Arthur is already the King.  Most of them have taken place before all of that has really happened.

The whole story is very imaginative and fantastic.  I really felt as though I was on the adventure with the characters and I cannot wait until the next one!

My Rating
5 Stars


This review is based on an eARC provided by the publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review.  All thoughts and opinions are mine and mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment