Thursday, July 7, 2016

F*ck That: An Honest Meditation by Jason Headley


Title: F*ck That - An Honest Meditation
Author: Jason Headley
Series: Stand Alone
Publisher: Three Rivers Press
Publication Date: April 12, 2016

While browsing through the available books for request on Blogging for Books I came across F*ck That: An Honest Meditation and it reminded me of my older brother.  Long and very boring story, so I won't go into it.  So, I had to go ahead and request it and see what it was all about!

This may be one small and simple book, but it definitely has a big message.

As you read through the pages the books goal is to help you let go of all the stuff going on in your life so that you can move past it and not worry about it any more.  And I will be honest, I didn't think it would work, but it did.

By the end of it F*ck That I had actually (temporarily at least) forgotten a lot of my problems.  And it even got me to chuckle a couple of times!

However, I don't think this is a book you buy for yourself.  I would say it is more of a book that you buy someone else that is going through a hard time that could use and may even need the chance to forget their problems for even just a short bit of time.

That all being said though, the person you are wanting to give it to needs to be okay with swear words as they are used in more than just the titles.

In regards to the pictures that are used through out the book, they do bring about a sense of serenity, but I didn't find them to be anything spectacular or unique.  Which is some what disappointing, but they were all still pretty and nice to look at.

All in all, this is a great gift for a friend that could use this sort of message in their lives!

My Rating
3 Stars


This review is based on a copy provided by Blogging for Books in exchange for a fair and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment