Friday, January 22, 2016

Cats in Paris: A Magical Coloring Book by Won-Sun Jang


Title: Cats in Paris: A Magical Coloring Book
Author: Won-Sun Jang
Series: Stand Alone
Publisher: Watson-Guptill
Publication Date: January 26, 2016


When I first learned about this book, I was pretty excited.  I mean it has cats! And the cats are in Paris!!  What is not to love about this concept?

Then I received the book and opened it up.

I was so disappointed by what I saw.

Now, you are probably wondering why I found myself so disappointed in this coloring book, and I will tell you.  The first and main reason is that I am not a fan of the the illustrations.

I didn't think that the illustrations were very well done and they did not appeal to me at all.  I wanted something fun to color, and I didn't find these illustrations very fun at all.  The cats look a little bit awkward and a lot of the pictures are rather squiggly looking.  More like quick line drawings, not something that seems like something I want to spend my time coloring.

I also thought that the illustrations were the type that would be difficult to color.  Some people may be in for that kind of challenge, but it just isn't for me.

Other than that, the paper quality seemed nice, but each page is double sided.  So if you were planning on coloring on it with markers, that is something you would have to do at your own risk.

I wish I could be more excited than I am about this one, I really truly do.  However, that is not the case.  It just wasn't my thing.

My Rating
1 Star


This review is based on a copy provided by Blogging for Books in exchange for a fair and honest review.

1 comment:

  1. I felt that way when I got my ordered copy of Patterns- I just didn't like it, not what I wanted at all, however I did get a new one I did like called Chakra Crystals Coloring Healing Mandalas Special Edition. There are seriously great coloring books, sometimes we are disappointed, but there's something for everyone!!

    ReplyDelete