Saturday, June 20, 2015

Insignia - S.J. Kincaid


The characters are what really make this novel great.  The relationships between characters, the interactions they have with one another, are what makes the story.  It isn't really the underlying plot (though it is fantastic).

Everyone will be able to find a character that they can relate to in this story.  My personal favorite was Wyatt aka "Man Hands."  She was easily the character I could relate to the best in the story, socially awkward as she was.  Then there was Heather.  She was my least favorite, even more so than Karl.  Those girls who always appear to get everything they want have always found ways to get under my skin.  Heather is no exception.

Then there are the villains of this story, of which there are layers.  The first layer were the characters themselves such as Karl and Dalton.  Dalton specifically was exceptionally slimy and evil.  The second layer was the corporations and the governments involved in the war.  It was this second layer that really made this story for me.  It was this layer that forced me to compare things are in the world today to how things are going on in the world of the story.  I was able to see how this would could easily become the world that Insignia takes place in.

It is being able to see how our world could turn into the world of the story that makes a dystopian novel and Insignia does that and then some.  This book delivers excitement, action, and friendship.  I know I will be looking out for the sequel and anything else S.J. Kincaid writes.

Rating:

5 out of 5 stars!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No comments:

Post a Comment